Christmas in October, Oct. 29th, 6:30pm
Christmas in October! October 29th, Wednesday, 6:30pm @Metro Park A.G. Church's fellowship hall. Christmas cookies, music, awards & activities for kids that participate! Bring items listed below to pack into gift boxes. Also bring $7 per box to cover shipping. Boxes & tracking label will be provided at the event. Please bring some cookies or Christmas-snacks to share!
COSTUMES: Kids are welcome to wear costumes with positive, constructive, and/or Biblical themes.
Gift Suggestions: [info taken from Samaritans Purse website]
- TOYS: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- NON-LIQUID HYGIENE ITEMS: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- ACCESSORIES: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A PERSONAL NOTE: Letter-templates will be provided to participating kids. Kid's can fill them out and color them as well. Kids can enclose this note to the child and a photo of themselves or their family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.